22 barrels wow. A small tip that worked great was we framed it next to the water with no decking. I lifted the frame work up one end at a time to lay fence posts under it. I then pushed the dock out to the water with my loader tractor with dock rolling on the fence posts. At the 50/50 position on the shore I pushed the dock down with the loader to raise the water side and two guys one on each side put the first row of barrels in. Then I chained the outer stringer farthest from the water in the center. Lifted her way up and moved ahead. As we went in I lowered the loader and had the boys place the barrels under till we had her all floating. It would have been allot of lifting with out the loader tractor for the size of the dock.

My joists were spaced at 19" center for my 23" diameter barrels. The joist were 2X6 and the blocking I used to hold the barrel in were 2X10 because with the 2X12 outer rim and the 2X6 dropped for the 1.5" decking the 2X10 was perfectly level with the bottom of the 2X12 rum joist. These 2X10 blocks worked great to hold the barrels in with out squirting out as we launched the dock.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.