Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Great job Dono, very nice!

Great times ahead on that there dock!

I really like the water-feature/waterfall! Can you post some close-up pics of that? I would really be interested in how you constructed it, and is it well-water or pond water being used? Send in PM unless others are interested.

Thanks for the pics and I really like the dock!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVcnwm6kr2g&feature=youtu.be

kind of a weak video. The top rock was about 5 feet across and the fall is about 8 feet with the pond at full pool. I have a 20 foot wide by 40 foot heavy rubber under the falls that run deep into the pond as well. When I fill my pond from the water sump I have it will flow over the falls as well. The sump pump will pump 6200 gph when on up the back of the falls with a 2" line. The water fall pump will pump 5500 gph from the pond with a 2" line as well. We stepped the bank and started at un disturbed dirt with three large 36"X24"X24" top rock or trap rock. Then my largest flat rocks all the way up. Stepping back 4 or 5 inches at a time till we ran out of rock. Keeping the rubber between the front rocks. We have more top rock or trap rock on the back where we started our base. Then piled field rock around the sides to make a mound. We then planted the pines behind so in five years it will help disguise where the water if coming from.

We used urethane water fall foam to control where we wanted the water to flow. Keeping the water flowing ahead and from running off the sides. A shot of foam then stone on top to redirect the water off the front of the stone.

We put beach stone. Round granite rock 2-4" below the falls deep into the pond till the rubber run out. This was for the hope that the bank will not erode with the water flowing down the falls. AND with the crazy hope in the future I can get walleye to spawn in my pond. This will be after we give the perch three year head start on numbers.

Originally Posted By: esshup
Looks great! Can you tell me more about those posts? (size, depth, etc), how the walkway is attached to them and how the walkway is attached to the platform? How do you plan on anchoring the platform so it doesn't swing side to side in a heavy windstorm? Labradoodle or Goldendoodle or ?

Those posts are Pine posts 10"X10"X96" that are dug into the ground 4 feet. We need to go down 4 feet for frost here or the frost will lift the post. I have one bag of concrete on the bottom of the post to prevent any frost lift on the sides of the posts.

We used these.
http://www.dockaccents.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=DH00HS
We used four of these on each corner of the walk way.

My plan is to do this (see attachment) on the front corners. I may not place the full log like anchor on the bottom just a full bucket of concrete then a second that is 2/3rds of a bucked hanging. Just did a depth check and we are at 11 foot 5 inches and are down 6"s from full pool. Some stainless aircraft cable and crimps through a 8" pulley. 8" pulley so I can get a 14" bucket to hang with out rubbing on the cable. Each bucket will have a eyelet bolt anchored in the concrete. I will cut the steel handles off the buckets. If you can spot it in the dock but I have plans for an extra 200 pounds to hang off the dock at the front that should level the dock and load the barrels so the dock has little pitch and roll to it.

We are going to place a 12X12 bolt up gazebo with a canvas top that we can take off for the winter.

Yes that is Lacy our golden doodle. She is just about one year old and loves the adventures down at the pond.

Cheers Don.

Attached Images
dock stabilizer.jpg
Last edited by DonoBBD; 06/15/13 10:14 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.