Originally Posted By: small pond
Originally Posted By: CJBS2003
Small Pond, what was the pH? If CC can survive it, I am surprised brown trout couldn't? Have you considered tiger trout?
The ph is normally 5.5-6.0 I couldn't believe it that the brown trout wouldn't survive in it too but I have tried to stock them before and they did the same thing that the rainbows did. I did look into stocking some tiger trout before but I couldn't find any body close that raised them. This Fall I will probably drain the pond once again harvest every fish that I don't want in their. and stock with golden rainbows and browns.
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
That's an easy one. It was dead longer than the other brook trout or just faded faster when it died.

When I harvest my big ones I euthanize them by overdosing them with an anesthetic. Once dead they lighten up. However upon immediately freezing them open air on a nonstick surface they darken back up.
Thankyou Cecil That's very interesting.

Just curious How long does It take the fish to die once it's been put in the anesthetic?

Depends on the dosage and water temps. For me it's in less than 10 minutes.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.