Originally Posted By: fish n chips
Originally Posted By: esshup
Originally Posted By: djstauder
It's hard not to look awesome with a cool beard like your dad has!

I agree!

Good looking RBT too. Did he end up having it for dinner? You gotta get him out to the pond more often!

We will have the folks over for dinner and prepare it for him, that way the folks don't have to worry about cooking it. My mom has RA really bad, and can't use her hands much.

I wish he could go a couple times a week, but I am so glad he has gone at least once. He wants to go, just that at his age of 88 there aren't many days he is feeling up to it. He can't believe there is trout in his pond, he never would have even thought it possible. He originally dug out a spot of it for irrigation of his nursery stock back in the 50's. Hopefully the circumstances of the weather, the trout, and his health all work out so he can go trout fishing a few more times. He likes BG fishing with the flyrod, but is discouraged because he can't stand to do it. I've been working on that, we'll see. You should see him bragging about catching the trout to everyone he sees, it's great!!!

Fish, get your Dad to practice fly casting sitting down - a lawn chair is perfect - good therapy for 88 year old bones.
I KNOW!!

Give him my very best regards and NEVER stop fishing
George

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)