Mr. Hello,

If you feel the following is a hijack of your thread please let me know and I'm sure Bill can move it to a thread of it's own.

Concrete blocks set up outside for the fish tank. This will be part of an aquaponics set up as soon as the weather gets warmer.

I absolutely hate transporting the blocks from the place of purchase and setting them up due to the weight etc.! However, they are the cheapest thing I have found to elevate a tank.

My favorite type of tank to use for a fish tank. It's a liquid storage tank I purchased that was cut down for me by a nearby factory that makes them. This one is 5 feet in diameter. I had it cut at 26 inches in height. Cost was about $100 minus sales tax.

I like it because it's smooth as a baby's butt inside which allows settleable solids to easily move to the center drain. Stock tanks typically have ribs to reinforce them which allows solids to collect on those ribs. Don't despair if your only option is plastic stock tank. It will work.

Notice the hole cut in the center. It's where the Uniseal goes for the center drain. You MUST use a hole saw to make this hole precise! Otherwise you will have a leak!

A top and side view of the Uniseal(TM) that snaps into the hole cut for it with the hole saw. The material is a space age rubber called MPR, and is rated at 40 psi and warranted for 25 years. They hold pressure and vacuum, and are immune to cold temps. AES/Pentair has them as do several places on the Internet. Cost for a 3 inch as shown is about $7.00. Try getting a 3 inch bulkhead fitting for that price. And a Uniseal (TM) is easier to install IMHO.

The way they work is, they snap into the hole that is cut and when the pipe is forced through they expand creating a seal.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/21/13 04:11 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.