My goal is still the same about my pond as it was 2 years ago. i originally stocked my pond after the fish kill off by watermeal with 500 Ga. hybrid bream, 200 hundred hybrid crappie, 6 grass carp, and 2000 something or another minnows. I had a professional come out and take care of the water quality with chemicals and listened to his recommendations and etc. I had full intentions of adding the LMB (to keep the bream population in control) last spring until the crop duster came and wiped out the majority of my fish last year.
All I want to do now is get rid of these shiners, cause I can't even feed the bream and crappie that are left cause the darn shiners are pigs. lol
All I want out of this pond is a place to relax, fish, enjoy life, eat some "clean" fish, other than Chinese or Viet Nam store bought chit once in awhile. If I were to have an overabundance of LMB, I'd love to catch and eat them too and I'm sure my son and neighbors wouldn't mind doing a little fishing.
At this point, I'm not going to spend another 3 grand to fix up this pond. I'll buy some LM, and cross my fingers. Oh BTW, I do have the pond aerated.
Esshup, what you said is about what I'd like. A place where the grandkids can have "fun" fishing and I could tease some gills and etc. Crappie are my favorite eating fish.