Trying to make a long story short,3 years ago I had a fish kill off, due to water meal. 2 years ago I spent quite a few bucks reviving my water quality level and restocked my pond with Ga hybrid bream, crappie and minnows. BTW, this is a 1 acre pond. Last spring just before I was going to stock my pond with LMB, I had a crop duster spray my pond and kill the majority of my fish. I did not restock afterwards, because I had, had it with ponds and the cost factor of trying to raise fish to eat and pleasure myself with fishing. This year I had noticed all kinds of minnows and fingerlings, (so I thought) my interest level picked up. Well come to find out today, when I went to tease the fish with some crickets. Just about all my fish were shiners. I used these things as Norhtern pike bait when I lived up north.
My concern, if I were to stock LMB. How long would I have to wait before I would have any kinda resemblance of order in the pond? I'm not getting any younger and my limited funding is gone after I rehabbed it. I'm getting these things from water runoff after all the rain we've had down here this year, probably the same pond that I got the water meal a few years back.
I'm rambling so will be done.
Thank-you