Originally Posted By: Stacy4Stubby
Just caught the first HSB of the season on a fly rod yesterday. It was just under 9lbs. I'm really scared about getting the larger ones in, now! smile

Hi Stacy, I could not get your pictures to come up on photo thread format, so I transfered to Fishn' 2013?

Hi Stacy – my HSB is not as big as yours, but do I ever have a story to tell:

The rest of the story:
Yesterday, the CNBG and HSB were feeding like crazy and we caught dozens of CNBG.
Mrs. G was experimenting with Stubby “scraps” since she had to give most of her new psllets away… grin.. and I was experimenting with worms.

This morning the situation was reversed – fish were not feeding at all and just caught a couple or so on the original brown...so I had an idea to experiment – or innovate?
Put on a brown Stubby pellet with a white “scrap tail” on a #6 Mustad bait hook – cast into deeper water and hooked up a CNBG occasionally.
Put on a chartreaus “scrap tail” and got a strike or fish on every cast – even a couple of small HSB...

Something interesting about this set-up with tail tipped – kept the large pellet from sliding down hook shank and fouling the hook gape ….
G/

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)