After reading posts, and advice from ewest, I felt like a blocking net had tons of merit. Since I haven't needed it yet in a grow out pond, I thought I would try this first.

First pics are of partial bag of Tilapia I picked up at Overton's on Monday. After talking to Todd, I selected a bag that had a close 50% mix of large to small Tilapia.

Next pic is of 2 blocking nets set up before dumping Tilapia. The 8' space between the 2 nets is where I overnighted the 90 pounds of Tilapia that were to be released into the big puddle. Left of the left net is where I dumped the 10 pounds of mixed Tilapia.

Saturday morning, I pulled the outside net, as released the 90 pounds of tilapia. I then zip tied the 2 seine nets together, and moved it out as far as I could, which was around 40'. The 10 pounds were then confined to this area. I'm hoping to get a protected spawn in this area, and then release them when the hatch are large enough to survive.

Worse case senario, I have the same amount of Tilapia I started with only larger. Best case scenario, is a protected spawn from an area that requires no maintenance since it's actually part of the big puddle.

The Tilapia were hitting pellets this am, and like Brian I found 4-6 areas I think were the start of spawning beds. I'll confirm that later this week.

Attached Images
BlockingTilapia2_zpsc7e9c640.jpg BlockingTilapia3_zps5003bbc8.jpg BlockingTilapia1_zps9f94d5cd.jpg
Last edited by FireIsHot; 11/03/18 05:32 PM.

AL