So I have an Idea of the type of pond that I think I would like but am unsure if it is feasible or what specifics would be necessary to make it feasible. Being that I am a saltwater angler I find most freshwater species somewhat lame to catch. I suppose switching to ultralight gear may fix that but in general I may have to just accept that the fight of Tarpon, Snook, Redfish, Amberjack, etc just isn't going to happen in a small pond.

Keeping in mind that I want this for the fun of angling and eating I have found interest in hsb, we, rt, and yp. This seems like an awful lot of predators however for a pond (I'm hoping for a 1-2 acre pond). I also don't know how well the big three coexist either.

I know that trout need very good quality water and that temperature is a big deal. I am trying to find property that will have a year round spring to keep water moving and cool. I am not sure if this is beneficial or not but I am hoping it would also help with oxygen levels.

What all should I keep in mind when searching for property to support this type of pond? Are there any other species/species combos that may be good to look at? I will be looking for land around Sevierville/Gatlinburg TN. Most of the land is around the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Thanks for the welcome and responses

Marcus