Esshup you understood that correctly. Yes that is exactly why we can stock so many fish here and get away with it.

Ewest I am curiuos how to you consider the water in 3 of the 4 ponds/ lake we built. The water is all natural and flows in at a rate that can be measure in gallons per second or water feet per day. The 1/2 acre catfish hole has the slowest inflow of the 3 with probably around 1.33 water acre feet per day. The other 2 (3 acre & 15 acre) exceed 2 water acre feet per day of natural inflow and we do not push the carrying capacity in them like we do the 1/2 acre pond. The 4th one is the 3 acre that has the High Volume well and we have pushed the limits of carrying capacity in that one at times since it is more like an aquacultural controled enviroment. It was the pond that had 5,000 HBG per acre stocked succefully before.

Me personally I have allways considered the 1/2 acre pond to be an exceptional natural pond. All I do is try and manage the food for the catfish and catch them. Ocassionally I have to do maintainance like any other pond. It has a carrying capacity that I would consider to be the top end of the curve for what a recreational pond can handle in the right enviroment with feed added.