I've found the best prices for Rotary Vane Gast compressors from Stoney Creek Equipment Company in Grant, Michigan. The have a web site @

WWW.STONEYCREEKEQUIP.COM

As far as the post regarding aeration in winter, and icefishing/iceskating, I have been doing that on my .62 acre pond this winter. In winter I change out to a smaller compressor and change from two airlines to just one that has a diffuser located in only about 6 feet of water on one side of the pond.

As long as I give this area of the pond wide berth I am fine. You can test it by approaching with an ice spud and periodically drilling a hole. However, be aware it depends on air temps as the hole will get become larger in diameter with higher temps and the thickness of the ice will be less farther away from the hole at higher temps. At really severe cold temps I have actually gotten right up to the edge of the hole after extensive testing, but I would not recommend it.

In summer I change out compressors to a 1/4 hp rotary vane compressor disconnect the winter line, and connect two permanet airlines to two separate diffusers. No moving around of diffusers etc. I just change out compressors connect or disconnect airlines.

I hope this helps.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.