Bill or anyone else who can help. I can't decide what to do! Everything I read about pond aeration talks about how beneficial it is. Is aeration really that beneficial? I have a three acre pond that is two years old. My goal, like anyone else on this sight, is to make it the best fishing pond possible. I started a fertility program this spring and have a good bloom going now. Visibility is aprox. 22 inches. Fish are growing great with bass fingerlings stocked at 1 inch long last July now 12 inches long weighing 1 lb. (some of you down south may be snickering but thats pretty good growth for south central Illinois) Catfish, bluegill and redear are also doing great. The pond was created by damming up two steep ravines in a wooded area. Water by the dam is 25ft deep and the depth going back both coves stays 20-15ft until each coves splits off into two smaller coves. Pond is basically U shaped with a wooded ridge separating both main coves. Shorelines are steep with water reaching three feet very quickly. Here are some question I have. How many diffusers will I need to aerate this pond? Will one compressor do the job? Will aeration help the fish grow faster and healthier? What kind of cost am I looking at to do it right. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. \:\)