OK, just rolled in from the farm and our first weekend of fishing. I'll tell you right off the bat that our fish pics aren't near as nice as TJ's and George's. We had absolutely no luck catching my CNBG in 48 degree water, but we figured out the LMB yesterday afternoon.

We discussed it, and this was the first time we fished our place in January. I'll throw and olive branch out to you Northern guys. It was cold in the mornings and evenings, but it was a blast fishing in the winter (for us). We'll definitely do it again. Week after next, I'm going after big girls, so we'll see how that goes. Huge jigs will hopefully be the ticket.

All the LMB were caught on really, really slow jerk baits after a couple of hours searching for them. Once we found out where they were at, we loaded up. All were 1/2 to 1 1/2 pounds, and I think we caught around 30 for the weekend. My wife hooked one big girl, and broke 14 pound line after 3 hard runs. 10 of the fish were loaded with eggs, so it was good to get them removed.

And yes, my wife out fished me.

Yesterday's catch

This morning's catch

AL