Originally Posted By: Sunil
WOW! Nice work, TJ! Those smallies look super healthy!

Great report!

I can't recall...what was the biggest WE you caught in your pond? I never got one more that 15/16" tops, and it was not fat, from my pond.

Summer of 2011 a friend bucket stocked three dink WE - approx 13" - believe he caught from area BOW. I knew it wouldn't do any harm, but I never thought I'd see them again, either. I caught one of the three in mid June estimated mid 3# range and just under 22":

She was pretty fat this late in the season - and SE Nebraska WE spawned super early last year - in late February - due to the record setting heat from January onward. I don't want to believe that's a gravid female 4 months after the spawn - rather she simply figured out how to leverage BG and GSH at the feeder...to further justify my hopes she was caught on the break into 16' depth right in front of the feeder. So, that's the largest thus far - and I don't anticipate my stocked fish from last year to ever attain that size. I stocked 100 Fall 2011 and I'd be happy with 15-18" fish. I think I'll continue supplemental WE stocking every other year so I have fillets for the family. We love WE, followed closely by YP. Gotta tell you, I never would have believed a fishery in Southeast NE could ever feature these species. Testament to Pond Boss forum expertise - as I've said many, many times.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]