I have a half acre pond with a similar setup and I find I get plenty of airation just running it for two 4 hour shifts per day. You might have some southern folk that swear by running 24/7 during the summer but remember that they sometimes get fish kills from excessively warm water which doesn't hold much oxygen combined with calm days with no surface action. You are in a similar climate to myself and so I bet you won't have to run 24/7. Personally I think I could get by not running my aerator at all from about ice out thru June. As my water warms up to be safe I'd probably run it in July and August and I bet I could shut it down again come September. I currently run mine on the same cycle all winter just to keep the ice thin enough to get good sunlight through. I haven't had the guts yet to turn it completely off as described above but I know I could. Let's face it, by running mine only 8 hours per day I'm saving 2/3 the electricity as compared to running all the time and that's significant.

Gotta get back to fishin!