Nice pond! I would defer to one of the experts but I have had a lot of the same questions that have been addressed so I will pass on what I have learned. 1. just because you have a nice big boil does not mean you are getting the most bang for your buck. I would recommend a dual membrane diffuser (if you have more than 2 cfm) as smaller bubbles lifts more water and does a better job and aeration. I have a similar size Gast rotary vain compressor and I ran ¾ in air line to reduce friction loss at the diffuser. Do you have a pressure gauge at the pump? What’s your psi? How long of a run for your air line? Is your compressor getting hot? I am running a dual membrane diffuser in the deepest part of my pond (also ½ AC) and have been told by all that it is plenty for my pond if not over kill!. I started out running in short cycles of a few hours and increased to 24x7 due to hydrogen sulfide on the pond bottom. I have all intentions of running 24x7 but I have yet to receive my electric bill (if it is real high) at which time I will only run the compressor at night when it is needed the most. I do not have a fountain but have a neighbor who does and like me he does not have a well to replenish water supply he runs his 24x7 and has a much bigger evaporation rate than I do. From what I have learned I would chose the compressor over the fountain for quantity and quality of aeration as the diffusers turn the pond over and saturate the water column

shoot'em in the lipps