Originally Posted By: Lsutgrfan

The more I read about coppermose bluegill the more I like the sound of adding them and a few res with the hsb. I was thinking of emptying out 1/4 acre pond using rotenone wait a month or two then adding about 100 -150 hsb fingerlings and 300 coppermose bluegill and 75 res. Then I could give the bluegill in the 1/3 acre pond a little more of a chance to grow out. If i can continue to remove every small < 5 inch sunfish i catch and all the cc i catch that should give them enough space to fatten up a bit. After about 3 months or so catch as many fish out of 1/3 Acre pond as possible then rotenone, wait a month and start transferring about half the hsb res and cnbg from the smaller pond to it. I can even attempt to select for male cnbg and res only.

How does that plan sound? I know moving that many fish by catching them would be a little work but I have plenty of willing volunteers to fish and help .

Sounds like you are planning to have the same thing in each pond. If I had two small ponds like that, I would tend to go with totally different fish in each one. For example pond one=LMB and BG thus creating a trophy BG pond, and pond two= HSB, SMB and YP.