Nate...thanks for the info. Last i heard, on friday, there were a few inches solid left under piles of slush, and open around the shorelines. It should be good to go for my trip up, but i'm walking on an extension ladder with a life line tied to shore when i first test it out, just to be safe.

Hey tj, good to hear from you too. I havent been posting because i never get up to dads pond anymore, so i have nothing to report. I got a big fancy pants promotion, and unlike my old position, it doesnt require frequent trips up to milwaukee or sheboygan, much to my shagrin, that means less weekends on dads pond.

Last time was my ice trip last year, i think... aside from the drought, with water ridiculously low, nothing really major to report anyway.

Pike still bite strong, still cull them out whenever they are caught. No known evidence of breeding with them yet. (Waiting to see them show up in minnow traps, or for a 14 incher to hit a beetlespin or something).

Fewer bass & crappie biting from what i hear from dads creel data...and he retired this year, so he has more fishing time than usual. More warmouth, though, which is fun on an ultralight, and apparently some tiny little walleyein were pickeda up, ive never seen them, other than the one or 2 somebody bucketed in a few years ago.

2 summers ago, we laid into some 3-4 lb lmb, which i posted, so i guess that counts as evidence of stunting being remedied.

Dad says somebody pulled an 8 lb lunker off the bottom this year...i'll believe it when i see the pics, i guess.

Anyway, this is a fishing thread, not an "update on mikes pond" thread, so ill end it there. If i get my tip ups out on saturday, and anything hit them, ill post pics.

Thanks
-skinny

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.