Hi,

New member with a leaking outlet pipe. I have a 3 acre pond in Texas built on heavy clay. The water retention was excellent until recently, when I noticed water flowing around the outsides of the corrugated outlet pipe. Once the flow stopped I looked in the pipe and saw areas that had rusted through. The soil around the pipe is eroded away, so I basically have a tunnel now. I'm looking for ideas on how to proceed, though funds are limited. Here are some ideas I have considered: I saw a web site that sells poly pipe sleeves that can be inserted through rusted out corrugated pipe. Seems like it may work but I don't know if I could seal the leak around the pipe. I'm wondering if I can pull the old pipe out with my tractor since the soil is eroded away from the pipe, then slip in a new pipe. Another idea is to fill the pipe in and let the spillway handle the overflow. I imagine the best repair is to dig out the old pipe, I just don't have the funds for a backhoe repair. What do you guys recommend?