Seeing more and more bears on game camera over the last few years and then seeing a nice bear during archery season a couple weeks ago. I was excited for bear season this year. My father is friends with some Mennonites who are very good bear hunters. We invited them down to hunt the last day of bear season with us.

Instead of sitting in a treestand waiting for the bears to come to us. We came to the bears! There were 25 of us, the largest legal group of hunters you can have for bear season. We set up 8 standers, 7 blockers and 10 drivers and pushed both sides of the mountain our land is on. In the end we pushed out over 50 deer including several very nice bucks so that is encouraging for next week when deer season starts. We also pushed out 3 bears and killed two of them. The guy just up from me shot one when I was a stander.

Although I didn't get to shoot one, it was a gorgeous fall day and a blast working with 24 other guys stopping through the thickest clear cuts of briars, saplings, raspberries over some of the steepest terrain in PA. It was a butt whooping but getting a crack at a couple black bears made it all worth it! There are still plenty of bears left on that mountain and we're gonna make this an annual tradition.

Here I am with the 250 lb black bear

And here is most of the group of hunters with him