Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
CB1 - If your wife doesn't pick on you IMO she should once in awhile so you wouldn't be so contankerous here - LOL LOL.

Not being "contankerous" [sic] Bill. I'm sorry it appeared that way. blush I would have just P.M'd you my thoughts but ya don't read the P.M's very often! grin And I think this is something that would be interesting to debate.

Yes I know your comments were for discussion. If you notice closely when one rolls or pinches the pellets, they get very slighly smaller.

Yes, which makes them denser! grin You're increasing the mass per volume by squeezing it. You can easily take something that has a specific gravity lower than water, and by compressing it enough you can make it have a higher specific gravity than water, therefore you can make it sink.

I assmue that compaction process has to squeeze out something and it is likely very small amount of air.

Perhaps but my opinion is making the pellet denser has more of an effect.

What else would it be if the pellet or anything else is compacted?

See above response.

Do you think the pellets absorb a tiny amount of air as they swell when they are soaking??

My WAG would be some but not a significant amount as oxygen/air would only be in ppm's in water at the most.

LMAO...What, if not air, is between the atomic mass composition in a stinkin fish pellet??? Is it plasma, miniature space aliens in tinfoil hats...perhaps it is trapped macrophyte farts??...

laugh laugh laugh