I have used biodiet to pellet train and feed fish. It is expensive and shipping is about as much as the pellets. I found that for small quantities softening AquaMax or other high protein food works as good as biodiet. A second benefit of softening pellets is one can make all sizes of larger pellets from small pellets which you cannot do with Biodiet. Biggest negative to softening pellets is the are not stable for very long and will mold in several days.

Cecil says:"" I respectfully disagree that pinching the pellets removes air which makes them sink. IMHO pinching them makes them more dense and therefore more likely to sink. Not a big deal but just thought I'd mention it. And don't get upset. You're still Dr. Perca!""

Okay CB1 you "raised the hair on the back of my neck". I disagree that pinching soft pellets does not remove air from the pellets. I say this because the "pellet people" tell me that the extrusion process adds air to the pellets which makes them float. I agree with bgkiller that pinching the soft pellets makes them more dense because it pushes out the air from the pellet. CB1 has your wife been picking on you again which is why you are picking on me today?

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management