Head a good and bad night on stand last night. Had 11 deer come in during the last hour and a half. At one time 7 of them where in front of me, 3 bucks and 4 does/fawns. Had a 2 1/2 year old 10 pointer walk 10 yards from me. Followed by his buddy 20 minutes later a 120 - 130 inch 8 pointer walked 20 yards pass me. He offered me a great broadside shoot but I just couldn't do it. The best two weeks of bow hunting is just starting and didn't want my season over already (you can only kill 2 buck a year in IL). They all cleared out of the area about 10 minutes before 6. At 6 a doe walked in from behind me and gave me a nice 15 yard angling away shot. I decided to shoot her, big mistake. On the shot my bow broke, the string suppressor came off and the string came off the cams. Doesn't look like any other damage to the bow. The bow is a Matthews Switchback XT, anyone want to recommend a good bow shop in west central IL that could fix this quickly? I will be calling the Matthew dealers this morning once they open closest one is in Havana. Maybe it is time to get another bow to have a backup for when this happens, just hate to spend that money. Plus this is not the time to be having bow issues.

Yes I did get the doe, dressed 110#. Will butcher her in between running the bow around to get fixed. Looks like my hunting is over for a couple of days.