Getting closer to 80-20 shot at the start of next week and for the ENTIRE WEEK. I have to be careful what I wish for as now I have to worry about all kinds of crazy outcomes of too much rain, heavy snow, high winds, etc. Totals right now are forecast in the 6"+ range, something we are not accustomed to, and really bad news in our hilly area. I now have to figure out how to protect the pond from too much water too fast.

At least I don't live in the cities on the east coast, but I really feel bad for the folks that do. This storm that may develop is downright scary in its far-reaching effects and the coastal flooding in such densely populated areas. They are talking a 15-20 foot storm surge during astronomical high tides, which means Manhattan will be inundated, rivers backed up, etc. Just a monster mess is a possibility.

I was thinking of finally getting a generator, but honestly I think people in the Eastern part of the state will need them a lot more than us. We can deal without electric for a while since we heat with wood. Just my 6yo will drive me nuts with no video games.

The real problem is I have to travel Sunday evening and come back Tuesday... in the height of the storm. I don't really want to be stuck away from my family in an event like this if I cannot get back.