Had record rains in my area, broke several long-standing single-day rain events all over the area... except my little private desert in Bloomfield, NY. We had about 0.4" though my rain gauge bit the dust and reported 5+ inches just to tease. The tried and true "bucket" told the truth not to mention the pond didn't even gain that 0.4".

Rain went to the south and they got 1-2 inches for a 50 mile swath missing us by about 1.5 miles. Went to the north and dumped 3.5" in places about 10 miles away. It would start to form directly over our house, then strengthen while it moved off to the north like it was robbing us and running off. The two swaths spit just 5 miles to our west. Isac remnants.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Spent good money the past three summers repairing washouts in my driveway. Then i got a pond... not enough rain in one shot to get any runoff. All piddly stuff. Puddles don't even fill. At least no washouts to fix.

Us and Buffalo, NY are probably the last places in NY with a serious deficit in rain and beginning to worry about wells. We may get some rain this weekend, but I am NOT holding my breath. I am expecting all our precip to come in the form of white stuff just to piss me off even more.