Hey everyone. First off, thanks in advance for your thoughts and insight. We have a lot to learn, but want some help before our problems get worse.

I reached out to a local water management company that can help with ponds. They said I was looking at a minimum charge of $350 to come out and talk and cost can go up to $3500 if water tests and more formal work is done. I don't even know if that is reasonable, so I guess my first question is...should I go that route?

Our pond has about 5 large Koi (2'), a school of small goldfish, and an unknown number of black catfish. The surface area is about an acre. I understand the depth is 3' - 5' before dropping down to something like 15' at the drain? That is unconfirmed though.

So, when we moved in over a month ago the pond had (and still has) lots of underwater grass and plants. The water seemed murky, but the surface was mostly clean, though lots of Lilly pads at one end.

However, since then and seemingly overnight, the pond has a good amount of algae on the surface. Seemingly happened over the course of a day or two, though I may have missed it happening.

I would prefer to use natural solutions, but will consider all options. If there are good posts or FAQs that I should review being a complete newbie, please share them.

Again...THANK YOU!

Here are some pictures...
At move in:

The rest are recent:

This end of the pond is still clear...For now...