I checked out Zetts Fish Farm. They are about 3 hours away, not too bad of a drive. I will have to contact them to check on availability of the HSB. I was reading some of the literature on their website and it seems like they are pretty straightforward. If I went with a list I may be able to avoid being talked into something that I don't want/need.

What size fish would I be looking to stock? I see they may be available in many different sizes from fingerlings all the way up to 7"-12"

I was actually suprised to hear you say no structure. I had planned to build all kinds of structure for the young fish for cover.(being new to this and somewhat uninformed I was going to "shoot the moon" and had plans of an underwater amusement park for the little guys)

I thought about building some nests for the HBG/HSB and some dens for the CC also. If the HSB/CC will not spawn in a pond this size, then I probably won't go to through the trouble of building them.

catmandoo: We love eating catfish, which is why we were going to be depressed if they were going to muddy up the pond. We chase them after dark with 1/2oz egg weights, a 12" steel leader, and a great big ol' hunk of chickn liver(partially frozen/partially thawed cast easier) always on a barblees hook. I buy the big ones and just clip the barbs off of them.

mrhello:One could imagine at those stocking rates that you would have a muddied up mess of a pond crawling with cats. Tell me, did they ever reach sizeable lengths?