Been there done that before going off to college and between college when I ran out of money (my parents didn't pay my way like some kids.)

Funny thing everyone of those factories is gone except for one. The one that is still here came through one day and fired every one that had over 15 years there. Didn't want anyone retiring and costing them more money.

I loved how they complained about the turn over but they didn't pay anything and working conditions were dismal. Down the road there was a union shop with better working conditions and better pay. You had to wait until someone died to get it. LOL Go figure.

I don't know how many times I was told to go home with no pay because the parts didn't come in. But they just couldn't figure out why there was no loyalty! And they also hired managers from the outside vs. promoting from the inside. And don't get me started on the loss of workers due to overuse injuries. I suggested they rotate people to prevent it, but that fell on deaf ears.

I swear it seemed like losing money and running incompetently was the plan in some of these places! Maybe just tax right offs for some fat cat?

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/04/12 09:13 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.