Back to the drought....... Got a few sprinkles where I live in central Oklahoma yesterday, but it's over for the foreseeable future. It's 103 degrees and humid with very little breeze. As I watch all the bushes, plants,crops, and garden turn brown and die, my sense of urgency to water begins to wain. I've made a diligent effort to water everything on our property, but I can't keep enough water on the stuff to do any good. My wife has given her plants more attention than me and she's in tears as she watches her Washington Hawthorns, Crapemyrtles, etc. succumb from the intense heat, lack of cloud cover, rain, and grasshoppers. Talking about a hopeless feeling! Our 1.5 acre pond is now knee deep. It used to be 30+ foot deep. I expect it to be dry in another 3 weeks. Our second pond dried up a few days ago. We really needs the remnants of a hurricane to cross over Texas and Oklahoma and dump 15+ inches of rain in a three day period just to get all the ponds, lakes, and reservoirs back up to normal, but that ain't gonna happen. The tropics have never been this calm for so long. We may not have a hurricane season......

Warning: My Dog Has A Gun And Refuses To Take His Meds!