Originally Posted By: sprkplug
And what about the landscapers, or the guys who mow grass for a living... Their kids go to the same schools as yours, they shop at the same stores, attend the same church. I haven't seen many in my shop all summer... they've gone from mowing over 100 yards a week down to 3 or 4. No crop insurance, no government intervention in play here. Just the little guy, wondering where next month's mortgage payment is going to come from, and worrying about the employees that he had to lay off.

Understandably, there are a lot of people in dire straights due to the weather and other reasons. It socks you in the gut to hear some of the stories. I interviewed a guy the other day out of work for several months and he was deflated and beat up about his inability to get a job. After the interview I felt terrible for him as he had some good qualifications. We hope to offer him something even though he is way over qualified. Challenging times for sure and if this weather pattern continues, things will get worse.