Thanks for the chart info Cat!

Bill, following your response my next step will be to eliminate the freeze dried mealworms entirely while introducing moistened pellets to the mix, a little at a time.

A comment about the mealworm recipe noted above. Following that recipe results in the floating pellets changing to sinkers. With both my pond water (especially during the a.m. feeding before sun up)and the pellets being dark in color, I cannot tell how much of the feed is consumed once it sinks 8-10" below the surface. I've tried letting the mealworm pellets dry for a day but they still sink. To limit wasted feed, I now use a 10' piece of 3/4" PVC pipe, capped at one end. I load the tube with feed and like a cement mixer, rotate the PVC pipe while dropping a few bits of feed at a time.

Lastly, Keith I will post updates to this thread but following the creed of "reduce stress" and Cecil's mention of his netting disaster I will probably not have another update till September, when I anticipate moving the crappie to a clean cage.

Thanks

- Russ