I have both types of feeders and others. I have had to fix the AP on occasion. AP has always fixed them or sent me parts at no cost. This is just one more of those "it depends questions" as to what to buy. Many factors to consider.

Greg and I are friends and I have and will continue to use his services. They are above board in every respect. His point was (and was correct and in accord with PB mission)that all the facts need to be out in the open so forum users , both posters and readers , can make their best decision.

The instruction from Bob to the Mods is to be welcoming to all and in giving advice be fair and protect the members/readers out there who rely on what is posted. Provide the info that is available so good choices can be made. Over time the members here reflect those instructions and help in that regard. That is evident from several of the posts here. That is exactly what Greg did. The Mods usually watch threads about products to be sure that Bob's policy is carried out. We were late on this one so Greg helped us out.

Budster we hope you keep participating and please understand that the comments were not directed to you but were made so others could have the benefit of our collective experience. Keep adding yours as it helps us all make good decisions.