Hello everyone...I'm a newbie here but have read alot of the threads on here. I am having some real trouble deciding how i should stock my pond??? I bought my property 2.5 yrs ago with a pond already dug. Eight months ago i had another pond dug 10' from the existing one and connected them by having a channel dug between about 35' wide and 5' deep...the old pond is about 13' deep and the new is roughly 10'-10.5'...it covers just a hair less than 1 acre of the property. Even with the bad drought in south east tx last summer the pond never when dry...it maintained about 8-9 feet of water. I originally wanted to stock black crappie in it because they are fun to catch and very tasty. I do know i DONT want any catfish put in the pond at all ( i know they'll find their own way in thru birds and what not). I also wanted a small amount of bass if possible but i don't really like eating them as much so the numbers of them i was unsure about. Bluegill and others like that are fun for the kids to catch...i am already in the process of buying the parts for the legendary. "RC51" aereator because i have some scum on the bottom of the old pond and a little bit of algae too...

Can y'all please gimme some help on the quantities of fish and what kind to stock to get this going...any help is greatly appreciated

Just fyi...i have seen just a few dozen little perch/ sunfish (not sure of the breed) about 3", 2 bass have caught but released and they were about 10" and only 2 channel cats were put in there by me when i first got the place but no more because i dont want the pond to get to dirty

Thanks again