Im my research I have found that that first ingredient in most fish pellets including the best and most recommended brands is crude protein. So I did some research on what exactly is crude protein.

The explanation I found was, Many dry food manufacturers, “crude protein” includes carcasses and other waste from slaughtered animals and the word “meal” on a pet food bag may indicate the inclusion of such ingredients, along with meat not fit for people. This cleans up the slaughterhouse floor without having to call the garbage company. You can feed your fish (Pets) mediocre pet food high in protein — but not high in quality protein." It also includes nitrogen from protein but non protein sources as well. And I am by no means saying that the foods on the market are trash. I am only reporting my findings through research. And I am saying that in theory, homemade pellets made with the recipe described here minus the scales, waste and bones should give a better quality pellet than anything on the market. At least I would think. And this is provided you have enough pure protein to add to the recipe.

3rd acre fertilized fed and aerated