Hi, fellow Minnesotan! I have done a lot of wetland work in MN and it can be done if you get the correct permits. But, doesn't sound like you need to do much other than manage the pond. Some things I could imagine you might want to eventually do are: install an aerator, stock more fish, build some solid ground up to the waters edge. I have done all these things on a MN wetland but they all require permits. You can't even catch fish in one lake and move them to your pond without a stocking permit. Fortunately most of these permits are easy to get if you own the entire pond and it is not classified as "protected" wetland. If you want to stock fish you just contact your local fisheries office and fill out a form. No cost involved last time I did this. They will let you stock anything that is native to your watershed. However I think you need to buy certified healthy fish rather than take from another lake. If you want to install an aerator, you need to own the entire pond and you need to get a permit from the DNR. I had to fill out a form and include a map showing the pond on my property and it was easy. If there is no solid ground access to the water's edge you can fill in the bog to build an access if you get a permit. Wetland laws in MN allow you to fill in 10,000 square feet of wetland per permit. This permit is a little harder to get, first you make a request to the Corp of Engineers, they need to provide a letter stating that the wetland is not under their jurisdiction (i.e. not part of navigable waters), then you need the DNR to provide you a letter that the wetland is not "protected". They simply look it up on a map. Then you need to get approval of your county soil and water district. They just want to make sure you aren't going to screw up the watershed. Lastly you get a county permit which they won't give you unless you have all of the above in hand. They may try to tell you that you can't fill in wetland but the law allows 10,000 square feet per permit. Stand your ground and as long as the Corp has no jurisdiction and the DNR verifies non-protected the county cannot turn you down unless you are messing up the watershed. As far as fish, as mentioned by ejime the guy named Dwight has had great success with ponds in southern MN. I am located near St. Cloud and I also have had good luck. My pond is only 3/4 acre, 8 feet deep, aerated. It was built in a spring fed bog just like yours. I stocked fish 10 years ago and now regularly catch 2 pound crappie and sunfish. I take my bass out when they reach 2 pounds. I have not stocked pike since I really don't want to be losing fishing rigs every time I fish. The only warning I would give is don't do any dirt work without a permit. Dirt work can be readily observed and proven and the state will make you put it all back the way it was if you don't get permits. The DNR flies around in airplanes looking for wetland violations. Do it all by the book and you'll be a lot happier in the end. Read everything on this forum regarding stocking so you don't make a mistake there either. Good luck!

Gotta get back to fishin!