Originally Posted By: Rainman
JKB, I own the pure Blue Tilapia brood stock and offspring produced and contract with two farms that have geothermal, 80 degree ground water sources. One has the 5 acre brood pond and handles fry fingerlings and the other is my grower that grows transplanted fry to pond stocking size for me exclusively.

I used to raise all my tilapia in my basement, but when I went from a hobbyist to a true business, my volume skyrocketed...In a very LARGE part due to Bob Lusk, all pond boss members, and Bill Cody. You should read my first post here...lol

What began as a personal quest to find a natural, consistent solution to FA control in my own pond has opened an entirely new market in northern climate states. Three years ago, I doubt a single fish farm in Ohio ever heard of Tilapia other than as a restaurant menu item. After Bill Cody spoke of my fish' potential at a seminar 3 years ago, the proof of my fish has most fish farms in the area scrambling to satisfy their customer demand for "Blue Tilapia". And unlike most any other fish, it is ALL about the genetics in the cooler areas for goal success.

I do source the best species-specific fish available for any other type fish I sell/supply from many conventional fish farms across the central US. One farm may have an awesome Smallie but lousy BG. I could get all "common" fish from a single source and save a lot of time and money...my personal/professional goal, and what made me "go into business" is to bring any customer entrusting me with an order the best fish out there.

Not questioning integrity... Just curious, as I have said.