Originally Posted By: Rainman
Scott, will you be getting any Blues from me this year for distribution?

Warrior, I can certainly get them to you. 10 pounds of the standard stocker sizes I supply would do you very well.

Bill Cody, Fin Farm, ATAC, Inspired By Nature and Remlinger Fish Farm, all in Ohio will have plenty of my Blue Tilapia starting the first week of May.

I have a correction......

Fin Farm is NOT selling my Pure strain Blue Tilapia!! The owner had previously verbally agreed he would use me as the tilapia supplier, but has since purchased tilapia from another supplier....after attempting to purchase from one of my contracted Alabama growers. The tilapia listed on the FinFarm website is described as a Tilapia....." "...cold water strain of Tilapia.". Looking at the picture posted on their website, the tilapia shown is a T Mozambiiccus (Mozambique). I can not say what actual species they are actually offering without seeing the actual fish.

In EQUAL, POUND PER POUND COMPARATIVE STOCKINGS of Blues versus Moz. in the NW Ohio region, the Moz. (and hybrid blues) produce approximately 1/5 the total single season forage production of a pure Blue Tilapia. It is the offspring produced that make the noticeable algae/vegetation reduction. Common sense and logic dictates 1/5 the total offspring production will mean roughly 1/5 the vegetation control attained. In short, it will take many more pounds of any tilapia species/hybrid to be stocked to gain the same forage production and vegetation/algae control than a pure Blue Tilapia, and that control/forage production is shorter in duration.

I recently spoke with Mr. Utrope of Remlinger Fish Farm and was told they will now be using at least 2 tilapia suppliers/species/hybrids of Tilapia....

ATAC has not placed a confirmed order for any tilapia, yet.

Inspired by Nature has always been using my pure strain Blue Tilapia exclusively, and is having me supply all his other fish species being offered by them this spring.

Bill Cody, I should have clarified earlier, is NOT a distributor of my Blues. Bill allows me to stay at his home and only acts as a meeting point for pond meisters wanting to meet and pick up fish already pre-paid. Bill has paid close attention to what the different tilapia species for some years now and knows first hand benefits in his climate. Bill speaks at several seminars that include educating the general public and fish professionals alike about many things pond related, including the differences and benefits/drawbacks associated with the varying tilapia species/hybrids.

If you want pure strain Blue Tilapia from any fish farm, you may want to ask them educated questions about tilapia. If you want my particular, proven Blue Tilapia, ask if I am their "pure strain Blue Tilapia" supplier, any will immediately say so. Of course, I will gladly affirm or deny that as well...lol

Anyone should feel free to contact me directly if you are unsure of a farms tilapia source, or simply ever have tilapia behavior/stocking questions.

As always, my only concern with any post I make, is that all Pond Boss readers/members be able to make an informed choice on what differences exist to best meet your goals.

I apologize for jumping the gun on listing who I was supplying my pure Blue Tilapia, and again, I only want each individual pondmeisters to make the best choices for their individual goals based on full knowledge, repeated observations and fact.

Last edited by Rainman; 04/18/12 07:15 PM.