I started my pond with almost the exact same size fish. I used AQMX 500, as that is what Todd Overton recommended. I fed that exclusively for 1 year, then went to 500 and 600 mixed equally.

Now after 4 years I feed a mix of 2 lbs AQMX largemouth and 5 lbs mix of 500/600. I bought two large barrel bins to mix/store them in.

A word of caution, since we seem to have started out about the same way. I assumed that my pond would be empty (fishless) when I stocked it because it cannot receive drainage/overflow from any other source (high sides to add depth). I stocked all fish in Oct 2007 (pond dug in Feb 2006) and began feeding not long after. I noticed that there seemed to be some fish larger than what I stocked coming to get feed, so I put a worm on a small hook and proceeded to pull out a 6" green sunfish (I did not know this until the PB experts weighed in). Todd suggested to keep fishing and buy a fish trap to see just how many of these things are in there. After 1 month we had caught/trapped over 250 GSF and 7 catfish, some as big as one pound. I was not seeing any of my stocked fish in the trap, so I had to go back and restock, but went with larger 3-5" CNBG and RES. Moral of the story, if you haven't been fishing because you thought there was nothing in there to catch, start fishing with a mid size hook/worm/shrimp and see if you get anything.

Sorry for the long story....

Thanks,

Darryl