No I think you misunderstand. This will be the"raceway" type tank. In the book the fellow with the nice stone walls in NEPA... he is down hill from me.... like 1500 ft, lol. In fact most of the selections in the book were they mention tanks are from my area, or just over the border in NY. Like less than 10 miles. I like the guy with the 3' deep 8 foot tank that grows a few hundred pounds a year in it. More than what I plan or need. My "tank" is that size with a 10X12 14" depth area added.

I haven't yet added the drain pipe extensions. In fact in the picture the pool is full with just a bit of weeds and a rock stuck in the out flow of the drain. I was checking to see if the frame was level (I figured you would want to watch the progress. So I took a couple pictures.) Just by eye it was less than a 1/2" off over all. Not too bad. I need to shim a bit. It's back down to 14" from the 30" it was in the picture. I want the walls built and full of soil prior to leaving it full.

I'm kinda thinking it will be more like a tank type system in that the water circulates then will drain from the center. It's just a sand/soil "tank". Not really a "raceway". I think it's the best of both worlds really. You get the circulation of a tank... With greater depth and size of a raceway. You should see the water swirl into the drain... It really gets moving.

P.S. I did the jar test on the soil. It is what it is. Really just (silty-sand loam) per all the charts.

Last edited by Stanb999; 04/13/12 09:36 PM.