Originally Posted By: catmandoo

As for the Condello or Bordello (Baird/Condello mix), there are none available for sale that I am aware of. I'm getting close to retirement, and one of these days when I've got several extra days, I'm may just hop in my truck, go to Indiana and rustle a few to bring back to WV/VA for breeding.

Ken,

I'd be happy to just give you some but can't allow any to go out of state unless I kill 60 of them per lot and pay Purdue $300.00 to test for VHS for each lot. I just don't raise enough of them to justify this cost, although I'm sure if I did, I'd have no problem selling them out of state. Just don't have the infrastructure to produce the thousands of high quality fish to make up for the health testing expenses.

Any fish coming out of a Great Lakes state such as mine need to be tested for VHS even though it's never been found in fish farm waters and probably never will be. I even have to test for viruses, pathogens, and parasites bluegills have never been known to get to sell to some other states. It's crazy!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/04/12 04:44 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.