You all were talking about future plans so I wanted to tell more about my future plans.

At first you can take a look at a simple scheme.

You will see 3 ponds:

1) Let's call it Fish pond (it was the first fish pond; it doesn't mean there are no fish in others). Max. depth

~2m. Fish mostly crucian carp (the ancestor of well known goldfish). Otter has done great job here and it's hard to

say how much fish are left. Significant damage is done by beavers too (holes, trees under water and so on).
In the end of the pond is a concrete spillway. It doesn't allow to drain the pond.

PLANS: to rent an excavator and to dig a ditch around this spillway. After connecting Fish pond with Ditch (1),

draining will be possible using the next spillway (between Ditch (1) and Ditch (2)). This is going to happen this

year in April or May. Then we'll see what fish we got there.
Some trees and bushes should be removed but it's not a big deal.

2) Triangle pond. Smaller pond but also a very nice one smile Max. depth ~2m. Fish mostly crucian carps but not only.

There are also some carps, grass carps (one of them should be quite a big one - 4 or 5 kg) and some other fish.

Almost forgot, perch should be there in significant quantity.

PLANS: at first lots of trees and bushes must be removed. Certain area is already cleared (that map is a bit

outdated) but a lot of work is going to happen this and maybe next year. Ditch (3) now exists as a small brook but

in future it will be a real ditch. Blue circle shows the place where another spillway will be built.

3) The new pond. Look the first posts in this thread to find out more about it. NOw it's only 50% full because it

has two depth levels.

Summary:

The main idea is to create system of 3 ponds connected with ditches. Every pond should have possibility to be drained. If everything goes as planned, then everything could be finished in ~2014.

Approximate schedule:

2012 - improving Ditch (1). Draining Fish pond. Clearing as much area around Ditch (3) as possible;
2013, 2014 - Clearing the rest of area around Ditch (3). Some additional earth works for New pond. Improving Ditch

(3) and building spillway for Triangle pond.

That's all for now. I hope I'll be able to post some pictures from draining Fish pond.