Originally Posted By: Stanb999

Yeah, I was talking it over with my father in-law. He seems to think 1/2 plywood would work. I just worry about plywood and the water. 1 inch plank will be plenty. It's really just the base that needs sturdy I guess.

Your sides are important too. You don't want a blow out.

The only way I have to check is a five gallon pail. It fills it in 12 seconds... So 5 x 4 = 20.

No, it's 25 gpm. 5 gal. to 12 seconds = x to 60 seconds. x = 25 gpm.

I wasn't talking about what's in your pipe though. I was referring to the entire flow I'm looking in your picture. Look's like at least 100 gpm to me.

I was also thinking of putting in a small pump to move water from the pond back up to the tank for a bit of extra flow if needed. Something like a bilge pump.. 1500 an hour would be a nice addition. The reason I can't do a big pump is it's 800ft from the house..

I suppose you could do that if you had an emergency but I'd stick to gravity if you can and exploit as much via gravity as you can. The book I referred to that's in it's second edition, that's coming out soon, shows you how. It could save you some money and time at $16.00. I'd be happy to send you the coupon. You can just throw it away if you change your mind. It goes to the author, not me.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/31/12 08:18 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.