Eric,

Glad to hear Todd is doing that and it actually doesn't surprise me as Todd is ahead of the curve in a lot of things when it comes to fish as he an upstanding individual and hard worker.

I hate to sound negative but if some of you knew what I know about several fish producers that produce fish for recreational ponds, you'd be hard pressed to want to buy their fish. From northern producers that get their fish from the south that may not be very adaptive to northern climes, to selling the runts of their fish simply as smaller fish, to potentially one producer treating his fry with testosterone to produce all male fish -- so no one can take advantage of his broodstock efforts -- it can get discouraging if you want to buy the best fish you can for your ponds.

Add to that the severe restrictions the government has put on fish producers with expensive health testing, and you end up with producers that just keep inbreeding their stock year after year in fears if they get stock from the wild or another producers they will test positive for a pathogen that could shut them down.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/30/12 03:14 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.