My fish are in their spring-time feeding frenzies. My food from last winter is less than optimal, so I went into town to get fresh Purina Game Fish Chow and Aquamax 400 or 500.

Tractor Supply, at least in this area, has now quit carrying Game Fish Chow and Aquamax. They still have Catfish Chow. I stopped in three TSCs, and they all told me the same thing. The people I talked to in my local store are very dedicated employees who could only apologize -- actually, in this local store, three of the employees were really upset to find out they wouldn't be able to buy it in their own store!

After a lot of calling around, I finally found a feed store, Clearbrook Feeds north of Winchester VA, that stocks Game Fish Chow, and several Aquamax sizes.

As opposed to the more-than-2X gouging I got last year when I ordered from another Purina Dealer about 50 miles from me, these people are at least charging reasonable prices.

I love the Purina fish feeds. I just wish they could get a good local supply in place for our area.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!