The 222 was developed for the military but never adopted. For about 25 years it ruled the bench rest game until dethroned by the 6mmppc. It's offspring is the 17 rem, 223, 22-250 and others. Although essentially now considered a varmint round, it's accuracy makes it a marginally successful larger game caliber with a reported effective range out to about 250 yards. I won't take a shot with it at more than about 150.

Mine is one of the very early,low serial number, Rem 700's and will digest any load, factory or home brewed, that I use. I actually bought it for my Wife when she wanted to get into hunting with me. Then she gave it to my Grandson when she quit hunting. I bought him a Wby 243 last year so I can now use the deuce whenever I want to. I've used it quite a bit and only lost one deer with it in 20+ years. I can't say that for my 30-06's.

BTW, I did have to send it back to Remington for a new trigger. The reports about it having a dangerous trigger are absolutely true.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP