At my lake, and as most everyone else's in East TX, the drought lowered my water substantially, and allowed me to get some needed dirt work done.

So, I am considering adding new vegetation to the lake. I need forage cover, and erosion control as well. I know Cork Screw eel grass is a preferred plant, but with half of my lake being less than 4 feet deep, could it become a problem?

I usually have primrose, and limited areas of pennywart, which I keep chemically under control. I don't eradicate them, I just control them in 50' sections.

I plan to plant the eel grass along the dam, and check the spread rate before allowing it to the shallower areas of the lake.

My lake stays fairly clear, and hopefully a Spring bloom will get some color to it. My lake has been tested several times, and chemical levels are within recommended levels.

So, if the eel grass spread is to thick, will grass carp control it and, would the eel grass help keep the primrose "pinned" to the shallowest water, and keep it from spreading also?

AL