We have a Polarius Ranger 500 and, based upon my personal experience, I wouldn't recommend it. We have had several electrical issues with the Ranger including having the engine control module die while we were in the middle of mowing our property (we mow about 7 acres). The Ranger dealer told us that the engine control modules and ignition switch are a weakness in the Ranger. The ignition switch is an easy fix but the engine control module is a dealer repair item and it cost us several hundred dollars.

Here's my take on UTVs:
Get one with a normal sized dumping bed - they are very useful.
Get a 4wd. Although our Ranger is under powered (IMHO) because it is a 500, with the low gears and 4wd it will go almost anywhere - as long as you are not in a hurry to get there.
Get the largest engine you can afford, it will drink some more gas but the power is worth it.

We use our UTV as a work horse. We tow a Swisher Rough Cut field mower over some fairly steep terrain, use it to haul brush, use it to spray the road, haul our little alum boat around, etc.

It works okay, even though it is underpowered, although as mentioned we have had some reliability issues which is not what you want in a UTV. Having the darn thing die while mowing the fields is not fun.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)