The fuel injection is VERY nice, especially on a belt drive, or variable displacement torque converter, if you prefer. The carb models are extremely cold-natured. When you couple that with a very low idle speed, necessary for complete disengagement of a belt drive, then you can get a severe off idle stumble as the carb transitions off the idle circuit into the main. Increasing the idle speed will help, but then the belt drive doesn't want to disengage enough for smooth shifting, and there is a tendency to pull through the brakes.

Having fuel injection really makes for a better cold weather experience. I guess it comes down to spending more money for FI, or spending more time letting a carb equipped engine warm up.

AP, I haven't yet put a wrench to anything by ODES, although I looked at some at a trade show last fall. I believe they are a Chinese company, not saying that's good or bad, only restating my primary concern... parts and service availability. Make sure and put those two things right up at the top of your list of requirements.

The best machine out there will eventually require repair, and having a dealer, or at least a parts source close at hand, will make paying a little more now well worth it when that time comes.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.