Notes from lab telecon

1. Put in 25-30 tons of lime. For your situation, the better Ag lime to use is lime that has 5-8% Magnesium in it.(That's good for me because it is more accessible in my area.)

2. Try to buy lime that falls somewhere between flour and sand in coarseness.

3. Be prepared to add 12-15 tons of lime again next year and 5-7 tons the year after.

4. Buy a good Total Alkalinity water test.(Already ordered) Test water 7 days after application of lime and then every two weeks thereafter. Keep accurate records and record water temperature as well. If Alkalinity does not continue to track upward, resend water test to lab.

5. Retest pond bottom soil six months and again nine months after first application. These followup tests will determine how much lime to add next year.

6. Begin aeration as soon as possible.Insure you place diffusers so they are easily recoverable in case you need to move them to other locations in the pond to help with circulation of the water column(In the works)

7. "Watershield is your biggest enemy right now. Be prepared to aggressively deal with it when water temps come back to 50 degrees". (working a plan now)

8. Supportive of feeding program. Nothing really new to add to what you guys have helped me with already on my feeding post.

9. Even with feeding program and AFTER watershield treatment, recommended 11-37-0 fertilizer. I mentioned the possibility of the increase in fish excrement from the feeding increasing the phosphorus and their response was "with clarity to 8.5' and phosphorus at 14 PPM", the excrement is not enough to get the food chain going this year.

That's pretty much it. I was very impressed with their support and professionalism, particularly since I am not a local taxpayer.

Comments?